Your policy:

The government has granted car owners a six-month exemption from MOT testing and lorry owners a three-month extension.

This extension will come in on Monday 30 March which means vehicles due an MOT before then must still take it.

The exemption "will enable vital services such as deliveries to continue, frontline workers to get to work, and people get essential food and medicine," the government said.

Government warned that vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition. Garages will remain open for essential repair work while drivers will face prosecution if they're caught driving unsafe vehicles.

The Department for Transport said the move won't hit any insurance claims during the period because they will be effectively extending MOT certificates meaning they will remain valid for insurance purposes.

If you have been involved in a clear non fault accident e.g. a third party has hit your vehicle and provided you with their details, please contact the 24 hour claims line (provided by United Legal Assistance) 024 7509 0362. If the accident involves a windscreen claim, a third party hitting your vehicle and not leaving the details or a 50:50 incident, please contact your insurance company in the first instance (details can be found on the policy documentation page)

For incidents where you have hit a third party, there is no other vehicle involved, a fire or theft, please contact your insurer directly. Details can be found on your insurance certificate or our policy documentation page. Alternatively please contact our office on 024 7659 5812 and we will be able to provide you with the contact details.

Please contact your insurer’s windscreen claims line. Details can be found on your insurance certificate or our policy documentation page. Alternatively please contact our office on 024 7659 5812 and we will be able to provide you with the correct information.

Please contact your insurer directly. Details can be found on your insurance certificate or our policy documentation page. Alternatively please contact our office on 024 7659 5812 and we will be able to provide you with the contact details.

If you have a policy with a private car or van, please refer to your policy documentation for the correct telephone number to call or call our office on 024 7659 5812 and we will provide you with the telephone number

Please call the BD Elite Claims Helpline on 01204 567480.

Policy administration:

You may have this entitlement on your policy. Please check the insurance certificate for more information. Please note, this only applies to private cars (not vans, horseboxes or campervans) and the car you are looking to drive must have insurance.

It is a legal requirement to disclose to us any accidents, claims, thefts or losses you have had fault or non fault on any vehicle within the last 5 years. This also includes if you are driving someone else’s vehicle or a company vehicle. This also includes if someone else has made a claim on your policy. We also need to know any motoring convictions or fixed penalty points within the last 5 years, any criminal convictions, county court judgements or bankruptcies, even if they are spent.

Please telephone the office on 024 7659 5812 so we can note the dates and where you are travelling. You can see in your policy book what the insurers limits are in Europe (details can be found on our policy documentation page). It is a good idea to take your insurance certificate with you and you will also be required to take your driving licence. Following Brexit if it is a 'no deal' you will be required to take a physical Green Card with you when driving abroad. This can be obtained from us by calling our office. You will also need to apply for an international driving permit from the Post Office.

Fully comprehensive insurance provides cover for yourself, your vehicle and for others. Your vehicle is protected when unattended including any vandalism, damage, theft, fire and accidental damage. It also covers accidental damage to your car from any accidents you may have, whether this results in a fault or non fault claim. However whether or not it is your fault, claims can result in a loss of No Claims Bonus. You may have the option to protect your no claims bonus, please speak to a member of the team. Remember, an excess is payable in the event of a claim.

Third party fire and theft (TPFT) provides cover for the costs of any damage or any injuries to a third party which is caused if your vehicle is involved in an accident. This also extends to fire damage of your car, theft or attempted theft. You are not covered for damaged to your own car if the accident is your fault.

You can pay by most major credit debit cards (except American Express) over the phone, via our website or in office. We accept cheques for policy renewals via post or in the office and we accept cash in the office. We do not accept BACS payments. We offer a credit facility with a third party to split your insurance payment over 10 monthly payments (not specialist vehicle insurance) and can also split the insurance over three monthly payments over the telephone or in our office (this facility is not available for online new business , renewals or roadside assistance policies).

If your renewal is due and you have received a cheaper quote elsewhere for like for like cover, we will endeavour to match or beat this rate. Please call the office on 024 7659 5812 to discuss.

Optional add ons:

Our Household Legal Expenses are provided by BD Elite and is designed to assist you and members of your household in the pursuit and defence of certain legal rights. This operates alongside your Household Insurance Policy. To report a claim please call 01204 567480.

£100,000 limit of indemnity

Assistance with Uninsured Loss Recovery

24 Hour Helpline and additional services

Our Motor Legal Expenses is provided by United Legal Assistance and offers a 24/7 accident reporting line. The claims handlers are focused on providing the most appropriate solutions for your needs working with you to ensure any claims are handled as efficiently as possible. They will liaise with insurers, vehicle repairers, engineers and third parties to recover these losses on your behalf. Up to £100,000 towards the cost of legal fees, assistance with uninsured loss recovery and the ability to supply you with a replacement vehicle is covered under the policy. In the event of a non fault claim, United Legal Assistance can be contacted on 024 7509 0362.

Our Horsebox, Race Van, Motorcycle Carrier, Pleasure Van and Horse Trailer policies are provided by Equine Rescue and FMG (through ERS Ltd). We have a quote and buy function on our website, please visit the Rescue section.

General questions:

You can email enquiries@anthonydevans.co.uk, telephone 024 7659 5812 or write to us at: Complaints Administrator, Anthony D Evans Insurance, 77-79 Moseley Avenue, Coundon, Coventry. CV6 1HR

Policy Documentation

Here are electronic copies of your Policy Books and Key Facts by Insurer and type of policy

Policy Documentation ›